Fashion designer Dexter Pottinger, whose body was found on Thursday, was murdered. Pottinger was reportedly stabbed multiple times.
According to reports, neighbours told the police that they heard him screaming for help about 4:30 a.m. on Wednesday.
Pottinger’s body was found at his house at Yarico Place off Washington Boulevard, St Andrew.
One woman who said she went to see the body said she observed blood stains inside the home.
As news of the death of the 3D Designs’ owner spread, several people gathered at the Yarico Place residence, some in grief.
More about Dexter Pottinger
- He is originally from the Waltham Park area of Kingston.
- He was ‘Face of Pride 2016’ as the Jamaica Forum of Lesbians, All-Sexuals and Gays (J-FLAG) celebrated Pride Week.
- He is a former Saint International model who crossed over as a stylist, video director and fashionista.
- He often goes by the mantra, “What may be crazy to you might be inspiration to someone else”.
- He believed it is his duty, as a human being, to bring everyone together to play their part in improving the lives of the marginalised.