PORT AU PRINCE, Haiti, Aug 18 2017 – The National Network for the Defense of Human Rights (RNDDH) Friday called for an investigation into the escape from prison of three men, including a suspected gang leader allegedly involved in at least 24 kidnappings and an attack on the presidential motorcade earlier this year.
The RNDDH said that the three men, including a Bahamian national, Taylor Periquio Valentino, aka “Tico”, who is wanted in the United States on murder charges, could only have escaped with assistance from inside.
The authorities said that the men, including the suspected gang leader, Berger Milot, escaped from a cell at the Office for the Fight Against Narcotics Trafficking (BLTS) while they were being guarded by armed police officers, including an inspector.
The authorities have since announced a reward of three million gourdes for information leading to the arrest of the men.
Milot, is wanted for his involvement in at least 24 cases of kidnappings between August 2015 and July 2017 in addition to the attack on the presidential motorcade at Arcahaie, Clauvis Cadet. He was arrested in Port-de-Paix for drug trafficking and conspiracy.
The police said they have also alerted the Dominican Republic authorities to the escape of the three men.
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CaribbeanNewsService/
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/CNewsService
Follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/caribbeannewsservice/